How to Pack Efficiently
No matter if your next destination is an apartment, small home or large house, you have to pack first and foremost before you can get there! Packing up your belongings can be the largest source of stress and anxiety when you are planning a move to a new place. Here we gather up some ideas to make packing as easy as possible.
- Go through your stuff as you are moving with an eye to what you need and what you do not. When packing up for a move, there really is no better time to purge your belongings and truly assess what you need. You do not want to take anything with you that will just make moving or unpacking even harder. Gather up what you are getting rid of and donate them to your local charitable organization, recycle any items that are not able to be donated or toss what is not worthy of being passed along.
- Make sure that you have the right tools to pack and gather up your items. Here at Elite Truck Rental, we offer moving boxes to purchase to help you organize your stuff and protect it while you are moving from one place to another. We have small, medium, large and wardrobe moving boxes, tape, rope and E-track straps all for sale. We also can rent out furniture pads, an appliance dolly or pallet jack. The proper equipment can make your move easier.
- Leave your clothes and items snug and safe in your dresser drawer and keep your clothes on their hangers for a more efficient moving process. Secure your dresser drawers, so your clothes and items do not come spilling out.
- Label your boxes with what’s inside or what room the items are from and snap a quick pic to help you remember what is where if you are in search of something specific during the early stages of unpacking. Put heavier or bulkier pieces in the bottom of boxes and lighter items on top. Try not to leave empty spots in your boxes as tightly packed boxes help keep items from shifting around.
- Your suitcases, travel bags and backpacks can be used as vessels to move as well. These may be a good spot for books or bulky items. Also, always have an overnight bag packed with essential items in case you do not get through much unpacking the initial night after your move.
Let Us Help With Your Moving Vehicle
No matter what size your move is, we have a rental truck or rental van that will fit your belongings! Discuss your move with one of our moving specialists to reserve the right rental. Our reservation guarantee ensures that your rental is waiting for you when you arrive to pick it up and stay on track for your moving timeline. We can answer any of your questions. Connect with us through our online form today.