How to Make Your Move More Eco-Friendly
When you are getting ready to move, you can leave less of an impact on the world with these tips and tricks to a more environmentally friendly way to move!
- Pass it along: No other time in your life will you more thoroughly go through your belongings than when you are packing up to move. Take this opportunity to really clean out what you have, but do not take it straight to the trash. Donate gently used items to those in need in your community and recycle worn out items at the proper locations.
- Use it again: Borrowing boxes or renting supplies can cut back on waste. Here at Elite Truck Rental, we offer supplies to rent that can make your move easier. Pallet jacks can make it safer and easier to move heavy pallets. We also have appliance dollies and 4-wheel dollies on hand. Our furniture pads can be rented to help with your move as well.
- Pack with a green touch: Instead of relying on plastic and packing peanuts to protect your fragile pieces, think about putting dishcloths, towels and soft blankets into use that you are taking with you anyway. You can create less waste through packing.
- Put chemicals in their place: When you are cleaning out your garage, basement and shed, you may find old paint cans or cleaning supplies that you do not want to take with you to your new place. Check with your local recycling center or waste removal company for the best avenues to dispose of these chemicals in the safest way possible.
- Give supplies a new life: If you do need to purchase boxes to move, reuse them at your new home for storage, break them down to recycle or pass them along to a person or nonprofit that needs them.
- Have a plan: Surprisingly, you can waste time, money and more when you do not plan well ahead of your move. Make sure that you are able to access your key items by packing them together and have them within reach for your first night in your new home. You do not want to have to purchase new toothbrushes, toothpaste or other personal care items just because they are packed away somewhere that you cannot find.
- Fewer trips for a lesser impact: Packing up everything for one trip can cut down on the use of fuel and emissions. Renting a van or truck that fits your move will help. Connect with our team to discuss your needs, and we can assist you with the right moving rental fit. We have more than 150 vehicles in sizes that fit homes up to nine rooms or apartments as well.
Connect With Our Team for Help
Our reservation guarantee will help ease your moving stress! Your rental will be waiting for you on your designated day and time and it will be clean and ready to go. Contact us through our online form.